JUSTLEAD MINISTRY INTERN
The JustLead Ministry Intern assists with executing the day-to-day operations of the ministry’s afterschool and summer day camp programs. This position focuses on supporting the ministry’s discipleship activities, while also providing transportation, facilitating program rotations, and participating in relational ministry activities to comprehensively engage youth in the JustLead program.
*Comprehensive engagement = target youth engaged in faith, learning, and health activities
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Communicate, model, and uphold the mission and values of Emerald Youth Foundation as a JustLead Ministry Intern.
- Assist with the preparation, serving, and taking inventory of snacks, meals, and drinks.
- Transport students to and from activities and programming.
- Submit reports on time, including timesheets.
- Attend scheduled weekly and/or monthly team meetings.
- Assist in maintaining updated documentation such as medical information, permission forms, etc. on all students as directed by your supervisor.
- Assist with the student tracking, measurement, and evaluation processes.
- Track pertinent data at learning center weekly.
- Ensure safety of students, staff, and volunteers using behavior management and safety procedures.
- Assist in the operation, management, and implementation of all aspects of the assigned faith-based youth program and family programming. Assist with mid-week discipleship (Wednesday evening) activities including, but not limited to, leading small groups, and transportation services.
- Engage in relationship-building activities under the direction of the JustLead Ministry Director, including youth contacts, family contacts, lunch visits, and school personnel contacts.
- Actively identify, recruit, engage, and support neighborhood youth and families to participate in the ministry and work of Emerald Youth and our partners.
- Recruit, manage and nurture volunteers.
- Ensure assigned program goals are being met including with assigned youth through comprehensive engagement in faith, learning, relationships, and health offered at assigned location.
- Connect community youth and families to programs, including daily and summer programs, Wednesday nights. Participate in weekday and weekend camps, special events, and trips as scheduled.
- Notify Director and respond to families as requested, should an emergency situation arise.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- At least 21 years of age with clear driving record with willingness to drive a 15-passenger van
- 1plus years of experience organizing and implementing youth programs
- Experience in an urban setting ideal
- Ministry degree or working towards ministry related degree preferred
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
It is the policy of Emerald Youth Foundation to provide employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, sex, age, or national origin.
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.