Emerald Youth Foundation is a Christian, urban youth and community ministry in Knoxville, TN serving over 2,000 young people annually. Emerald Youth’s ministry is implemented through a network of more than 18 churches and faith-based organizations to raise up a large number of urban youth who love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities.
- Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance paid 100% for employee.
- Voluntary benefits available for family members
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
TENTATIVE START DATE: June 2019
JOB SUMMARY: The Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating or direct services, maintaining assigned facilities for Emerald Youth Foundation. Priorities include ensuring the facilities, equipment, and vehicles are well-maintained, safe, secure, clean, and properly branded; assisting with event preparation; and soliciting the use of EY facilities for revenue and achieving earned income objectives, while overseeing all aspects of this process.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee vendor relations for assigned facilities to include ongoing monitoring of service and contract compliance (i.e., cleaning, security, lawncare, etc..), responsible for building vendor relations and communication, recognition of vendors for their service, and strengthening vendor affiliation to the organization.
- Coordinate and ensure that preventive maintenance is executed including direct services and vendor services (HVAC, pool equipment, lawn/grounds, lawn equipment, and other equipment, etc). Audit facilities to identify needed improvements. Fill in gaps for vendors as needed.
- Turf management of lawn, fields, surrounding grounds as assigned. Ensure any other facilities’ grounds are maintained via direct or contracted services.
- Oversee building and equipment safety and security for assigned facilities. Includes coordination of alarm management; management of key distribution and key inventory, alarm codes, and collecting keys from departing employees or earned income users; and ensuring accurate and compliant emergency evacuation routes are developed, posted, and communicated to staff. Will be the first recipient of building alarm notifications for assigned facilities and will ensure staff are properly trained on assigned facilities alarm usage.
- Maintain vehicular maintenance on any assigned vehicles. Coordinate with Facility Specialists on preventive maintenance schedule or repairs.
- Consult with the Facility Specialists and Chief Administrative Officer for needed support in facilities areas.
- Ensure facility signage, vehicle signage, and sponsorship signage is well-maintained and represents the Emerald brand. Communicate with supervisor and Director of Communications on any identified needs and coordinate communication to determine what repairs or replacement is needed and ensure improvements are made.
- Facilitate and solicit the community for usage of facility, including earned income such as rental and concessions. Work toward achieving identified earned income objectives. Facilitate scheduling/usage of building for various meetings, EY events, and earned income events. Oversee all aspects of this process.
- Support and Oversee all logistical projects for facility and operations, such as
- Volunteers and Volunteer work groups; address groups with how they can connect with EYF beyond episodic volunteering. Coordinate with HR/Communications on any additional needed presentations.
- Parking coordination
- Earned income accounted for and money handled per policy
- Lead and assist with facility preparation for various events, including sports tournaments, meetings, earned income rentals, and other events. Including set up, breakdown, field preparation such as striping fields, clean-up, etc.
- Develop and manage a hospitality work crew for sporting and other events as needed. Including setup and cleanup of events. Responsible for concession operations and staff. Will ensure appropriate staff is identified and operating the concessions as needed, inventory is maintained, and earned income is accounted for and deposited per organizational policy.
- Procurement for facility related supplies, materials, equipment, and inventory management, while maintaining budget expectations.
- Develop and maintain sports facility open/close schedule and identify individuals for opening and closing of sports facilities as needed. Maintain system and process ongoing.
- Manage additional projects and tasks as assigned, participate with any assigned groups or committees, and participate in area ministry network and organization events, including working outside normal schedule as needed.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications and experience.
- Experience working in business or non-profit strongly preferred.
- Prioritizes tasks and works well under pressure. This person must operate with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of organization and communication.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in turf field maintenance.
- Willingness to work extended hours if needed.
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative setting.
- Certified pool operator if overseeing a pool facility.
It is the policy of Emerald Youth Foundation (EYF) to provide employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, sex, age, or national origin.
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work.