JOB TITLE: IT Technician
REPORTS TO: IT Coordinator
START: September 2019
- Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance paid 100% for employee.
- Voluntary benefits available for family members
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Emerald Youth Foundation is a Christian, urban youth and community ministry in Knoxville, TN serving over 2,000 young people annually. Emerald Youth’s ministry is implemented through a network of more than 18 churches and faith-based organizations to raise up a large number of urban youth who love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities.
The IT Technician will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. This role will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. He/She will manage the IT Help Desk responding to computer hardware and software malfunctions. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc.) and assign accounts for networks and emails.
- Manage help desk tickets. Ability to apply procedures, processes, and techniques to complete tasks and troubleshoot software, computer, and other device issues with limited supervision.
- Install, configure and maintain software packages and functions according to specifications.
- Maintain local networks to optimize performance.
- Assist to ensure security and privacy of networks, computer systems, security software and alert notifications.
- Provide guidance to new users on how to operate software, computer equipment and phone system.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.).
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service interaction, communication, and professionalism.
- Prioritizes tasks and works well under pressure. This person must be process oriented, yet personable and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of organization and communication.
- Willingness to work extended hours.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks, including Windows, Microsoft Office, Goggle Chrome, and general PC skills.
- Solid knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Certification(s) related to IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field, or equivalent experience and education is a plus.
- Reliable and immediately accessible transportation for travel to and from job sites. Mileage reimbursement provided.
It is the policy of Emerald Youth Foundation (EYF) to provide employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, sex, age, or national origin.
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.